Looking for a few top tips for marketing your small business? Let’s dive in!
In this video, we’ll speak about both company and personal brand as they are both fundamental to the success of your business.
So, let’s start by listing 7 ways you can boost your business profile
- Creating a joint venture with a non-competing business is an effective marketing tacting for a small business. In fact, you can target an audience that’s similar to yours and gain visibility amongst their customers.
- You can offer something valuable for free (freebie) in exchange for email addresses. This will help you grow your mailing list and build a strong email marketing strategy for your small business. Nurturing the relationship with potential buyers is essential.
- You should set up a Google My Business account and keep it regularly updated. This means, you’ll be listed on Google Maps and Search AND it’s good for SEO – it will give you visibility in your geographical area.
- You can run a Brand Awareness campaign on social media. This is an affordable and effective way of reaching out to potential buyers and let them know you exist.
- Loyalty is key! To maximise your return on investment (AND EFFORT), we recommend you leverage your existing customers. You could cross-sell your products or services, and incentivise your customers with a referral scheme or a loyalty programme.
- Getting press coverage is another good tactic when marketing your small business! There’s no need to write fancy press releases and create elaborative press packs. A well-targeted and personalised email to a local journalist can be really effective.
- Our final tip on how to boost your business profile is to participate or host a virtual event or a webinar. Everything is virtual now and the world will be virtual for a while! Webinars are a great way to share your expertise, e-meet potential customers and start a conversation on a subject that matters to them, that you can help them with!
Now, let’s move on to our 7 tips for boosting your Personal profile
- Firstly, we suggest you refresh/revamp/review your personal social media profiles to ensure there’s consistency across channels. For example:
- We suggest you use the same profile picture/description across your social media accounts.
- You must be clear about what you do AND MOSTLY how you can help others
- Your cover pictures and the visuals you post MUST be consistent with your brand. ’
- We suggest you create a small yet effective posting strategy. This is essential when marketing your small business, but it’s also very important to boost your personal profile across social media. You should define how many posts you’ll create OR share from others each week and stick to that.
- If you’re struggling to find the time to create content for your social networks, we suggest you create a few amazing content pieces and then recycle them (recycle old content). For example, a blog can be broken down into different formats i.e. short video, carousels, infographics, short podcast, etc.
- You should join virtual events and webinars on a regular basis. Think about 1 or 2 questions you could ask ahead of the event and then drop them in the comment section. Interact with other guests when possible.
- Always add a Call To Action to your email signature. This is an under-used promo method, but it’s super effective!
- Something we find works very well is joining relevant membership groups. We love Enterprise Nation for example!
- You should ask your friends, family and old colleagues if they can recommend you to their relevant contacts (ask to spread the word). We completely get how you may not find this natural, but you’ll be amazed by the amount of people in your network that are genuinely keen to share and support you!
There you go! These are our 14 tips for marketing your small business. You may also benefit from reading our blog posts on why LinkedIn will help your small business succeed and 4 great ways to promote your business online for free!